Engaging and motivating your team
Available in-house UK-wide
A course for managers who want to get the most from their teams by building shared purpose, improving productivity and boosting morale.
Adapted to your group's needs and delivered at your offices
About the course
Research consistently shows that motivated and engaged teams outperform their less committed counterparts. Whether measured in terms of profitability, turnover, customer satisfaction or staff retention, motivated teams display greater productivity and achieve better results.
The high productivity of motivated teams is founded on everyone pulling together with a positive attitude and shared goals. But there’s no blanket approach to achieving high motivation. Everyone is motivated by different things. And managers need to account for these differences.
This session helps managers identify what makes a positive working environment, define key engagement factors and motivators, and understand how to adapt them to different team members. It also covers motivational communication skills and offers a range of tools to help managers get the most from their teams.
By the end of this course, delegates will learn to:
- Implement key techniques to engage their team
- Identify the commercial and personal benefits that come from high levels of engagement in a team
- Increase engagement in their day-to-day approach with their team
- Adapt their approach for different people in their team
- Identify what gets in the way of motivating their team, and ways to overcome them
Every in-house delivery is unique and adapted to the needs of your delegates and organisation, however, a typical course might look like this:
- What do we mean by ‘engagement’ and ‘motivation’?
- The commercial impact of high levels of engagement in a team and business
- Identify the key elements that contribute to a positive work environment
- Set clear expectations for your team
- Give and receive feedback that increases, rather than decreases, engagement
- Strengths-based leadership
- Emotional intelligence – identifying where you’re strong and which areas you need to develop
- Adapt your approach to different personalities and different situations
- Define the challenge – what’s working within your team and what isn’t?
- Address employee motivation challenges within your organisation
- Use a range of practical motivation tools to assess motivation, re-engage staff and improve performance
This course is ideal for anyone in a line management role who’d like to increase the engagement and motivation levels in their team. This can include senior managers through to team leaders.
Additional learning resources
We understand that your professional development doesn’t end when you walk out of the classroom. The time you’ve put in will only make a real impact if your learning is carried into the way you work. That’s why we offer post-course support in implementing your new skills, for as long as required. Your trainer is available to discuss problems, provide advice or offer feedback until you feel confident on your own.
This course also includes access to an ‘e-learning pinboard’, a password protected webpage where your trainer has posted articles, videos, interviews and other useful tools around the topic for you to draw on for inspiration and ideas going forward.
In-house courses at your offices
If you have any questions or if you would like to speak to one of our other trainers about how this course could work for your organisation please get in touch. We can deliver the course at your offices, anywhere in the UK – and beyond.
- Which course you are interested in
- Where the course would take place
- How many delegates need to be trained
Just drop us a line with these basic facts and we’ll get back to you with a no-obligation quote on the same day.