Actionable insights into individual and team strengths
Understand individual strengths and maximise team effectiveness
StrengthsFinder® is a world-leading online tool that measures individuals’ levels of 34 talents relevant to their performance at work. It provides an analysis and description of their signature strengths, helping them – and their managers – to understand the ways they can make the biggest contribution at work. By understanding and building on these talents, individuals and teams can ensure they are playing to their strengths, maximising their contribution to organisational success.
StrengthsFinder® is a Trademark of the Gallup Organization, Washington, D.C.
Sample team strengths grid
What are the benefits of knowing your team’s strengths?
Studies by Gallup show that companies who understand and develop their employees’ unique strengths and manage their roles accordingly significantly outperform their competitors. They report:
- Higher levels of productivity and employee engagement
- Lower employee turnover in their business
Clients we have worked with using StrengthsFinder have reported a wide range of other benefits, including:
- Greater levels of staff engagement
- Reduced conflict
- Improved relationships with clients and customers
- Clearer strategic direction
- A language for articulating how different people work and thrive best
- Higher energy levels
- Improved teamwork
- Effective problem solving
How does it work?
1. Initial discussions
We discuss with you your organisation’s current situation and what you’d like to achieve from using StrengthsFinder, enabling us to tailor the work we do to your specific needs and objectives.
2. Online Gallup StrengthsFinder assessment and coaching phone calls
Team members take the online Gallup StrengthsFinder assessment to discover their top 5 Strengths. The report will show how their dominant talents help them excel.
This is followed up with a coaching phone call that provides each team member with one-on-one time with our qualified coach. The scope of this call varies depending on your needs and will be agreed between us. The aim of the call is usually to enable team members to:
- Develop their understanding of their top five strengths
- Identify how they use their strengths at work and how they can use them further
- Discuss the ‘shadow side’ (weaknesses) of any of their strengths, how this can cause difficulties for themselves (and others) and how to manage these
- Articulate their shadow sides, and impact of them, to team members and colleagues
- Draw up a plan to actively put their strengths to work,
Typical phone call length is 30-45 mins.
Mangers of teams who have taken the StrengthsFinder assessment can also benefit from an additional coaching session that focuses on helping them to understand the skills of those around them, and knowing how to make the most of the mix of talents in their team.
3. Team Strengths day
For those who want to dig deep into the StrengthsFinder results and help the whole team understand the resources, skills and talents around them, we recommend a facilitated Team Strengths day, details of which are below.
Team strengths day
The Team Strengths day enables your team to get to know each other better, to more fully understand each other’s strengths and talents, and to identify how they can work together more effectively to deliver shared goals.
The precise scope of this would be discussed during our initial conversations, but a typical session will include opportunities to:
- Consolidate their understanding of their individual strengths
- Get to know each other better
- Share their top 5 strengths with the rest of the Team
- Increase their self-awareness of the similarities and differences in strengths of other team members
- Discuss how they use their top five strengths at work
- Articulate the reasons for the similarities and differences in the preferred ways of working / decision-making / energy levels / pace / communicating etc. within the team
- Discuss the ‘shadow side’ of their strengths and where this may cause difficulties for themselves, their team and others
- Identify how to manage their ‘shadow sides’
- Identify where their individual and Team strengths fall into the four different categories of: Executing, Influencing and Relationship-building and Thinking – and the impact of this
- Plan how these strengths can work most effectively together to delivery your goals
Find out more
If you would like to learn more about how StrengthsFinder could work for you, including costs and timescales, please get in touch.
To get a quote for your team please just drop us an email with the following information:
- The number of people in your team
- Whether or not you want to include the team day
- Where you are based
In-house courses at your offices
If you have any questions or if you would like to speak to one of our other trainers about how a Team Strengths Day could work for your organisation please get in touch. We can deliver this at your offices, anywhere in the UK – and beyond.
- Which course you are interested in
- Where the course would take place
- How many delegates will be participating
Just drop us a line with these basic facts and we’ll get back to you with a no-obligation quote on the same day.