Time and Priority Management
Virtual and classroom delivery available
Discover a suite of tools for managing your workload, prioritising important tasks, avoid time-wasting and making the most of your most productive periods.
Adapted to your group's needs and delivered at your offices or as live virtual training
About the course
In today’s high pace, communication rich working environments we are increasingly expected to deliver high quality results on multiple, simultaneous projects whilst keeping to tight and challenging deadlines. Time and priority management skills have never been so important.
This highly practical workshop provides a toolkit of techniques to help busy people avoid sacrificing quality for quantity or being forced to give up large amounts of personal time in the battle to keep on top of their work.
The programme also recognises the relationship between good time and priority management and wellbeing at work. Stress, which is often associated with a perceived lack of control over workload, has become the single most common reason given for absence days in the UK. It is therefore in all of our interests to ensure workers are equiped with the skills to exercise control and good decision-making over how they allocate their time at work.
By the end of this course, delegates will learn to:
- Prioritise their tasks to maximise efficiency
- Avoid procrastination
- Manage stress at work
- Maintain a good work-life balance
- Know how and when to delegate
- Be assertive in controlling their responsibilities by managing upwards
- Identify how their personality type relates to when and how they feel stress
- Increase their efficiency in managing multiple responsibilities
- Use their ‘prime time’ effectively
- Take control of their working life
- Plan their work to avoid feeling overwhelmed
- Prioritise their tasks to maximise efficiency
- Setting objectives for your life and work
- Identifying inefficiencies
- Planning at work – cutting through backlogs
- Using your energy cycle and ‘Prime Time’ effectively
- Being assertive in managing your workload
- Effectively and confidently prioritising your tasks
- Recognising the symptoms of stress in you and others
- Developing effective stress management techniques
- Delegating appropriately and effectively
- Identifying and avoiding procrastination
- Running and participating in efficient meetings
- Stress-busting techniques that suit your personality type
- Tried and tested time saving tips
This course is perfect for anyone who manages a large or intensive workload, or who has juggle competing priorities at work.
Joanna Markham developed her huge knowledge of management practice and business psychology over a long career as an academic and in senior roles in industry. Over a fifteen year consultancy career she has worked with some of the world’s biggest companies, training everyone from new starters to CEOs across four continents. Joanna’s boundless energy and direct, positive training style make her a firm favourite with many of our clients.
“Very inspiring. Will definitely make some changes at work tomorrow.”
JL, Worthing and Southlands Hospital NHS Trust
“I learnt a lot from the day. Lots of ideas to return to the office with. Very much enjoyed the course and the fantastically knowledgeable trainer.”
Delegate, IRIS Accountancy Solutions
“An excellent day with a wonderful pace…not a moment to wander off course.”
KM, North Dorset District Council
“Really enjoyed the day and have left with knowledge for not just office but also personal life. Will recommend the course to others in my company.”
Delegate, Vanguard Asset Management
Additional learning resources
We understand that your professional development doesn’t end when you walk out of the classroom. The time you’ve put in will only make a real impact if your learning is carried into the way you work. That’s why we offer post-course support in implementing your new skills, for as long as required. Your trainer is available to discuss problems, provide advice or offer feedback until you feel confident on your own.
This course also includes access to an ‘e-learning pinboard’, a password protected webpage where your trainer has posted articles, videos, interviews and other useful tools around the topic for you to draw on for inspiration and ideas going forward.
Bespoke virtual & classroom workshops
If you have any questions or if you would like to speak to one of our trainers about how the Coaching Skills for Managers course could work for your organisation please get in touch. We can deliver the course at your offices, anywhere in the UK – and beyond.
This course can be delivered for your group by our expert facilitators at your offices or as a virtual classroom live over the internet.
- Which course you are interested in
- Where the course would take place (or if virtual)
- How many delegates need to be trained
Just drop us a line with these basic facts and we’ll get back to you with a no-obligation quote on the same day.