Preparing talented women for leadership
Duration: Typically 3 days, with additional coaching sessions, delivered at a venue of your choice, anywhere in the UK.
Course leader Kate Jennings is a highly qualified and experienced trainer, coach and consultant with an industry background in product development, working with major retailers. Kate developed the programme in response to a desire by employers to see more women in leadership roles within the traditionally male preserves of IT, science and engineering. Focused on overcoming the specific obstacles real women have identified, and drawing on years of leadership and professional skills training expertise, Kate helps delegates break through glass ceiling that has held many women back in the past.
Programme goals and rationale
It has been widely recognised that women are under-represented in engineering, technology and science in general, and in leadership roles within these sectors in particular. Part of the reason for this is the difficulty many women have in entering and navigating a male dominated culture. The low numbers of women in leadership roles can contribute to this culture, and also make it harder for aspiring female leaders to identify role models to follow.
In order to succeed in this environment, women need to be confident and assertive, as well as possess a range of skills to manage other people and play the political game successfully. The purpose of this programme is to develop the leadership skills, capability and confidence of aspiring women leaders so that they can flourish as leaders today, and provide superb role models for women in engineering, technology and science in the future.
It will help them achieve:
- Increased assertiveness and confidence
- Ability to navigate the political landscape
- Ability to think more strategically
- Confidence to tackle difficult issues with their manager and / or colleagues
- Improved interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to handle pressure and increase their resilience
- Increased presence in the workplace.
- Enthusiasm to take on more responsibilities
- More focus
Who is it for?
This programme has been designed for new and aspiring women leaders in IT, science, technology and engineering. So whether currently in a management role or a potential manager of the future, this course provides delegates with the tools to overcome the specific difficulties women can face building a career in technical and scientific sectors.
The programme typically comprises 3 days with additional coaching sessions, and will cover the three key areas of:
- Increasing personal impact
- Leadership & Management
- Strategy, power and politics
The sessions have a mix of theory and practical exercise so that all the learning is applied to their day-to-day situations. Individuals are encouraged to complete an Action Plan to try new behaviours and skills back at work.
Key characteristics of the programme
- The individual coaching sessions enable delegates to focus on individual issues.
- The group environment enables delegates to share common experiences while relating the material to their own work environment
- Additional reading material enables delegates to explore the subjects covered to stretch and challenge their thinking.
Please click on the headings below for details.
Find out more or book a course
If you have any questions or if you would like to speak to Kate or one of our other trainers about the Women Leaders programme, please get in touch to arrange a call.
Delivery prices vary depending on the number of delegates to be trained, your choice of psychometric tools, and how the programme is adapted to meet your needs. For us to provide an initial idea of pricing please contact us with the following information:
- The number of delegates to be trained
- Where the course would take place
- Any additional information about particular needs, goals or other parameters
Just drop us a line with these basic facts and we’ll get back to you with a no-obligation quote on the same day.