Virtual and classroom delivery available
A comprehensive introduction to the sales process, covering the fundamental skills, knowledge and attitudes required for effective and confident sales. Content is split into modules that can be mixed and matched to meet the needs of your group.
Adapted to your group's needs and delivered at your offices or as live virtual training
About the course
A great sales team can be the most important factor in determining the success of a business. But brilliant salespeople don’t grow on trees.
Whilst some people are naturally gifted at building rapport and negotiating, all of us can benefit from training to help us improve these abilities. And many of the other skills required for delivering and supporting exceptional selling don’t come so naturally; knowledge of best practice pipeline management, prospecting techniques, planning and team leadership all needs to be learnt.
And beyond these practical skills, the best salespeople also need to develop excellent emotional awareness, personal resilience, and the ability to bounce back (and learn) from setbacks quickly.
The Complete Salesperson programme has been developed to provide a comprehensive framework for great selling that can be adapted to meet the needs of any group, from the most inexperienced new hires to seasoned pros in leadership roles. The content is modular, allowing you to pick the right topics for your group, and we can adapt the way it’s delivered to reflect your sector, language and sales process.
The programme can be delivered either in the classroom or virtually via Zoom, Webex or your preferred video conferencing platform. In any format, the emphasis is on interaction, with plenty of opportunities to discuss ideas, explore specific scenarios and engage in role plays and other practicals. Delegates will leave the course with a comprehensive understanding of effective selling and access to a range of useful resources to continue their ongoing development in sales.
By the end of this course, delegates will:
- Have a clear understanding of the sales process and how they can apply it to their role
- Learn how to use a range of channels to identify and interact with prospects
- Understand the importance of building and managing a sales pipeline
- Use a range of techniques for building rapport and relationships
- Gain insights into customer psychology and influencing
- Understand how to relate products/services to customer needs
- Know how to deal with resistance and objections, and how to close the sale
- Learn how to build customer relationships and trust over time
- Understand how to maximise the value of key customer accounts
- Develop the resilience to cope with and grow from difficult situations, setbacks and failures
- Learn how to manage a sales team to keep them motivated and productive
Module 1: Fundamentals of Sale – part 1
- Maximising the ‘5 steps of the sale’ selling process
- Build rapport effectively
- Create a great first impression
- Use powerful question techniques
- Sell benefits, features of your products and services
- Identify and use your USPs
- Using voice tone and positive language effectively
Module 2: Fundamentals of Sale – part 2
- Prepare for a sales opportunity
- Create a great first impression
- Make an effective pitch
- Understand the factors that contribute to customer objections
- Define different objections.
- Handle objections using the Hamburger Technique
- Close the deal
- Follow up on sales
- Use sales data and CRM systems to enhance your effectiveness
Module 3 – Influencing and Persuading Effectively
- Recognise your personal preferred influencing style
- Identify the key characteristics of different influencing styles
- Describe how your default influencing style helps and hinders your selling technique
- Use WIIFM powerfully
- Identify the key motivators for your client / buyer
- Understand the difference between how you intend to behave and how a client might perceive your behaviour
- Develop an influencing strategy for each of your clients / accounts
Module 4: Handling Difficult Conversations
- What do you have difficult conversations with clients about?
- Identify what presses your buttons and how your body language, voice tone and facial expressions change when challenged and how this affects how you are perceived
- Use neuroscience to manage your emotional response under pressure when selling
- Develop techniques to help you remain calm
- Identify five different transactional styles and which ones work best in different situations
- Use a range of ‘adult’ behaviours to respond rather than react
- Apply the tools and techniques covered to your own difficult conversation
Module 5: Marketing, prospecting and lead generation
- Identify prospects
- Sell the benefits of your brand
- Implement both traditional and new marketing channels
- Maximise the benefits of social media
- Use the pipeline effectively
- Track activity and adjust as needed
Module 6: Managing your Accounts
- Identify the difference between conventional and relationship selling
- Move from supplier to trusted advisor and partner status with your clients
- Build long-term relationships
- Use a consultative selling approach
- Run account review meetings with your clients
- Organise objectives for every account that you manage
- Assess the potential of each account under your control
- Create a revenue generation plan for each of your clients
- Increase the value of your key accounts
Module 7: Building resilience in your sales role
- Understand the foundations of resilience
- Identify thinking patterns that influence your resilience
- Cope better with change and uncertainty
- Use the ‘circle of control’ to better manage your mental and physical energy
- Reframe setbacks and use them positively to gain more business
- Develop a more resilient mindset
Module 8: Managing and motivating sales team
- Identify the difference between leadership and management
- use a flexible leadership style
- Set clear objectives
- Use the GROW model to coach and mentor use team
- Coach your team to make their own decisions, solve their own problems and use their own initiative
- Understand the benefit of staff engagement on the bottom line
- Identify the 12 things a manager can to that consistently increase staff engagement
- Hold productive 1:1s with your staff
This course can be pitched at salespeople of any level of experience by identifying the most relevant modules and content for your group. Every course is adapted to your delegates’ specific needs and background.
Sally has years of experience in the hotel and hospitality industry, helping organisations deliver exceptional service, leadership and communications. She is a qualified coach and is licensed to deliver a wide range of training programmes. Whether through classroom or virtual training, Sally's energy, knowledge and experience have a lasting impact on those she teaches.
Kate is a highly experienced trainer, coach and consultant with a commercial background leading teams in the food and drink industry. As Lead Consultant with Cambridge Exec, She has worked in the UK, Europe and US to develop and deliver classroom and virtual sales training for a diverse range of clients, from tech firms to fashion brands.
Joanna developed her vast knowledge over a long career combining roles in academia and business. As a consultant specialising in business psychology, she has worked with some of the world’s biggest companies, helping develop the communication and organisational skills of staff at all levels of seniority.
“Wonderful day. Filled me with positive energy and feeling very motivated at a much needed time.”
Delegate, John Lewis Partnership
“[The trainer’s] experience is invaluable and her communication and delivery are second to none. She made things very clear and made sure everybody understood and participated.”
Delegate, Entrepreneur’s Circle
“Working with Cambridge Exec has been a massive success and has provided a large section of our colleagues across the business with the tools and techniques to transform difficult conversations into every day conversations… A course and trainer I would highly recommend.”
L&D Specialist, Northern Gas
“Great learning experience, but more importantly, I feel I can use what I’ve learnt in everyday life – work, home and personal.”
Marketing Manager, Life Fitness
“Got to be one of the best training courses I’ve ever been on. Brilliantly presented – the whole day flew by.”
Delegate, Mentor Graphics
“Excellent. Has helped me BIG time.”
Additional learning resources
We understand that your professional development doesn’t end when you walk out of the classroom. The time you’ve put in will only make a real impact if your learning is carried into the way you work. That’s why we offer post-course support in implementing your new skills, for as long as required. Your trainer is available to discuss problems, provide advice or offer feedback until you feel confident on your own.
This course also includes access to an ‘e-learning pinboard’, a password protected webpage where your trainer has posted articles, videos, interviews and other useful tools around the topic for you to draw on for inspiration and ideas going forward.
Bespoke virtual & classroom workshops
If you have any questions or if you would like to speak to one of our trainers about how the Complete Salesperson course could work for your organisation or team please get in touch.
This course can be delivered for your group by our expert facilitators at your offices or as a virtual classroom live over the internet.
- Which course you are interested in
- Where the course would take place (or if virtual)
- How many delegates need to be trained
Just drop us a line with these basic facts and we’ll get back to you with a no-obligation quote on the same day.