Influencing without Authority
Virtual and classroom delivery available
For a healthy, creative working environment, ideas need to be taken seriously whether they come from the CEO or a new trainee. This course teaches how to make sure your opinions and ideas have the impact they should, irrespective of your role in the organisation.
Virtual and classroom delivery available
About the course
[one_half padding=”0 20px 0 0″]
No matter what their level of seniority, everyone has a legitimate point of view and can come up with useful new ideas and opinions. Unfortunately, for those who lack positional power, it can sometimes be difficult to make these contributions have the impact they should.
But whatever their level of responsibility, experience or expertise, everyone can benefit from turning up their personal and professional influence. Even senior leaders are better equipped to bring people with them if they engage and persuade rather than relying on their status to get their messages acted on.
[/one_half][one_half_last padding=”0 0 0 20px”]
This workshop offers delegates the opportunity to understand their natural communication style and patterns, and provides plenty of tools, tips and techniques to help them build on or fine-tune their existing influencing skillsets.
Delegates will learn how to be at their most persuasive, influential and effective with or without official authority through a practical approach tailored to the specific challenges identified by the group.
[restabs alignment=”osc-tabs-left” responsive=”false” tabcolor=”#c9c9c9″ tabheadcolor=”#000000″ seltabcolor=”#e96656″ seltabheadcolor=”#000000″]
[restab title=”Learning outcomes” active=”active”]
By the end of this course, delegates will have:
- Explored ways to be their most influential and persuasive
- Built their understanding of the dynamics of influencing
- Reflected upon how and where their style currently serves them or trips them up
- Found easy ways to build their credibility and manage their perceived status
- Learned a variety of rapport building techniques
- Practised troubleshooting their real life influencing challenges and/or worst case scenarios
- Gained confidence and knowledge about themselves and their power to influence others
- Introductions and objectives
- Your chance to describe personal goals and challenges
- Unpicking the dynamics of effective influence
- The power of great listening
- Body power – the art of great communication
- Identifying your influencing style
- Understanding and responding to others’ points-of-view
- Status and shaping others’ opinions about you
- The ‘games’ people play in meetings – and how to deal with them
- The dynamics of meetings at work
- The key stages of win-win negotiation
- Sharing experiences, confronting negotiation nightmares
- Putting it into action
- Take-aways and next steps
[restab title=”Target audience”]
This course is designed to meet the needs of anyone who wants to get their ideas, thoughts and feelings listened to and respected at work, no matter what their position within the organisation. It has been designed around principles that work irrespective of authority or positional power, so is particularly useful to those seeking to influence upwards.
“Wonderful day. Filled me with positive energy and feeling very motivated at a much needed time.”
Delegate, John Lewis Partnership
“Great learning experience, but more importantly, I feel I can use what I’ve learnt in everyday life – work, home and personal.”
Marketing Manager, Life Fitness
“Very engaging and interactive. [The trainer] was superb.”
Director, Advertising Standards Agency
“I am noticeably more confident and self-aware since I took part in the course and feel empowered to develop my career in a way that plays to my strengths.”
Scientist, British Antarctic Survey
“I learnt a lot from the day. Lots of ideas to return to the office with. Very much enjoyed the course and the fantastically knowledgeable trainer.”
Delegate, Iris Accountancy Solutions
Additional learning resources
We understand that your professional development doesn’t end when you walk out of the classroom. The time you’ve put in will only make a real impact if your learning is carried into the way you work. That’s why we offer post-course support in implementing your new skills, for as long as required. Your trainer is available to discuss problems, provide advice or offer feedback until you feel confident on your own.
This course also includes access to an ‘e-learning pinboard’, a password protected webpage where your trainer has posted articles, videos, interviews and other useful tools around the topic for you to draw on for inspiration and ideas going forward.
Bespoke virtual & classroom workshops
If you have any questions or if you would like to speak to one of our trainers about how the Coaching Skills for Managers course could work for your organisation please get in touch. We can deliver the course at your offices, anywhere in the UK – and beyond.
This course can be delivered for your group by our expert facilitators at your offices or as a virtual classroom live over the internet.
- Which course you are interested in
- Where the course would take place (or if virtual)
- How many delegates need to be trained
Just drop us a line with these basic facts and we’ll get back to you with a no-obligation quote on the same day.