Giving Great Talks and Presentations
Available in-house UK-wide
The ability to deliver an engaging, persuasive presentation is a key skill that few people manage to perfect. To have the impact you want, it’s vital that you work on delivery, speaking and structuring skills through the kind of hands-on experience and individual feedback this programme provides.
Adapted to your group's needs and delivered at your offices
About the course
[one_half padding=”0 20px 0 0″]
For many of us, speaking in front of an audience is one of the most difficult things we’re called on to do at work. And that isn’t surprising. At few other moments is your capacity to influence others’ opinions and ideas so great – including (here’s the scary bit) their opinions about you.
The ability to present powerfully can be crucial in a wide range of contexts, from securing staff commitment to a new project, to gaining and retaining customers. Whatever your role it is likely that at some stage or another you will have to deliver a presentation or talk.
[/one_half][one_half_last padding=”0 0 0 20px”]
Some people seem to be natural public speakers, with the ability to connect with their audience and transmit a clear, memorable message. But this professional and engaging style has, in almost every case, been learned and practised. Great speakers are not born, they are the product of hard work.
This course is your opportunity to transform your presenting and public speaking skills and confidence, and your effectiveness as a communicator at work. With a focus on practical tips and opportunities to present and receive feedback, this course offers a safe, supportive environment in which to develop your skills.
[restabs alignment=”osc-tabs-left” responsive=”false” tabcolor=”#c9c9c9″ tabheadcolor=”#000000″ seltabcolor=”#e96656″ seltabheadcolor=”#000000″]
[restab title=”Learning outcomes” active=”active”]
By the end of this course, delegates will be able to:
- Identify the strengths and weaknesses of their presentation style
- Recognise and overcome the barriers to successful communication
- Understand the challenges of audience memory and retention
- Develop an effective presentation structure which will maintain audience attention
- Know how to use their voice to influence your audience
- Recognise and avoid the main pitfalls of body language and visual aids
- Learn how to interact with their audience confidently
- Learn how to deal with nerves
- Build on existing strengths in their presenting style
- Structuring a presentation
- How to start a presentation powerfully
- Setting the ground rules
- Taking questions from your audience
- Dealing with distractions and curve balls
- Using stories, metaphors and illustrations
- Body language
- Visual aids
- Your voice – using the tone, tempo, resonance and volume of your voice
- Mental strategies for coping with nerves and pressure
- Practical experience designing and delivering a presentation with feedback from our expert trainer. Presentations are filmed to enable delegates to experience their presenting style from the audience’s perspective.
[restab title=”Target audience”]
Anyone who gives presentations or talks as part of their job.
Individual feedback for every delegate on their presenting strengths and weaknesses means that this course can cater to all levels of experience.
“Wonderful day. Filled me with positive energy and feeling very motivated at a much needed time.”
Delegate, John Lewis Partnership
“Great learning experience, but more importantly, I feel I can use what I’ve learnt in everyday life – work, home and personal.”
Marketing Manager, Life Fitness
“Very engaging and interactive. [The trainer] was superb.”
Director, Advertising Standards Agency
“I am noticeably more confident and self-aware since I took part in the course and feel empowered to develop my career in a way that plays to my strengths.”
Scientist, British Antarctic Survey
“I learnt a lot from the day. Lots of ideas to return to the office with. Very much enjoyed the course and the fantastically knowledgeable trainer.”
Delegate, Iris Accountancy Solutions
Additional learning resources
We understand that your professional development doesn’t end when you walk out of the classroom. The time you’ve put in will only make a real impact if your learning is carried into the way you work. That’s why we offer post-course support in implementing your new skills, for as long as required. Your trainer is available to discuss problems, provide advice or offer feedback until you feel confident on your own.
In-house courses at your offices
If you have any questions or if you would like to speak to one of our trainers about how this course could work for your organisation please get in touch. We can deliver the course at your offices, anywhere in the UK – and beyond.
- Which course you are interested in
- Where the course would take place
- How many delegates need to be trained
Just drop us a line with these basic facts and we’ll get back to you with a no-obligation quote on the same day.