The primary purpose of this session is to:
Help delegates develop leadership and management practices that fit with their personal preferences and the team they’re working with to achieve objectives.
The session will cover:
- Engagement science – understanding engagement of teams and motivating individuals within teams
- Leadership behaviours, skills and knowledge
- Leading in a man’s world – identify the areas where women traditionally lack power as leaders and learn how to overcome common obstacles to success
- Management – what does it mean and how do we do it?
- Setting objectives within a flexible research-orientated culture
- Developing an adaptive leadership style
- Action planning