Introduction to personal impact
- What do we mean by personal impact?
- First impressions
- Adapting your tone and body language to create the impressions you choose
- The difference between our intention and our behaviour
- Developing self-awareness and emotional intelligence (EQ)
Influencing styles (questionnaire completed before the course)
- What is our natural influencing style?
- What are the styles of the people we communicate with / influence?
- Developing a flexible influencing style
- Five communication styles
- When each works and doesn’t work
- What presses our buttons and how does it show?
- Adopting a professional communication style under pressure
- Tools and techniques to pre-empt workplace conflict
Communicating and presenting with impact
- How to present yourself confidently
- Using your voice to create impact
- How to ‘fake it till you make it’
- Delivering clear and impactful messages
- Building rapport
- Sustaining personal relationships and networks
- Circle of control
- Techniques to achieve long-lasting success
Action planning on own work-based situation