Every in-house delivery is unique and adapted to the needs of your delegates and organisation, however, a typical course might look something like this:
- Warm up copywriting exercise
- The art of the conversation
- What should you know before you start? Ten points for a planning process, including writing for your target markets
- Eight top tips for more effective copywriting – from achieving ‘pull through’ to writing from your reader’s point of view
- Other copywriting principles including transparency
- Refreshment break
- Exercise: editing a piece of copy
- Writing headlines: tips and ideas, and examples of a range of formats
- Ten top tips for creating more compelling body copy – including powerful starting points, avoiding clichés, overcoming objections, varying sentence structure and examining the difference between features and benefits. This segment will include some short exercises.
- The importance of the call to action
- The checking/editing process – what are some of the points we should be looking for at this vital stage?
- Key principles of writing for
- Let’s write:
Group discussion: about an exercise
Group breakout: writing a first draft
Group discussion: going through the above
- Any questions?
- Action points